“I feel like I get born-again a lot. I feel like I can easily drift into being dead as well. There’s a crusty shell we get as we get older that shuts us off from being blissfully oblivious. We’ve all been hurt. It’s a way of portraying the thing we often try to protect and hide our innocence as a strength.” -Jon Foreman

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Humble Hymn


You are the trembling before the storm
You are the waterfalls
The high towers
The thunder and the rain-soaked symphony
You are the highest arms of every oak
The deep rumbling of the earth
A shout over the mountaintops
A whisper in my ear
you are the everything I wait for
You are like downing,
You are the breath after a dive
You are like freedom,
You are the widest, bluest sky
You are the voice that spins the earth, twists hurricanes, Breaks oceans, crumbles continents,
And floats around the stained glass wings of each aimless butterfly
You move my life in dynamic waltz that I don't know
I stand on your shoes and be blissfully moved
As you will
In a love that is like You
Where similes have failed and there is nothing deeper to call it like
For oceans are as raindrops, clattering on the rooftops,
And galaxies a pin hole star on black construction paper held up to a 40wat sun and made to shine
For you are colors that Ive never seen
The songs I've never heard
The promises I hope on,
Trust in,
Cry to.
breathe.
Breathe in every lungful of this You
And sail through it like a kite
Without a string.
in purer love like flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment